So, I had two back-to-back successful weekends at the boat.
First weekend saw the install of two new GC2 batteries (golf cart 6v) and a new charger from Sterling. Everything went together easily! So much better! I was also able to try out the new spinlock fairlead, but it would not work (it created the wrong angle to the furling drum). I also installed my stereo and two speakers (I purchased them almost 3 years ago… finally got them in!).
Weekend 2 saw the installation of a bulls-eye fairlead… and viola! the roller furler works flawlessly! That was a mess I’ve been dealing with for over 3 years. I also finally installed the “locks” for the microwave, so it doesn’t slide around when we get a good heel. One other area of concern was the drain on the kitchen sinks. The through-hull was froze (shut thankfully), so I re-routed the drain to the bilge (since the shower already empties there as well). A few improved wire connections rounded out the projects.
I did make it up the mast this past weekend… looks like I do have a wiring issue with the anchor light, so I’ll be checking that (and hopefully installing a new light soon). Both weekends were perfect weather and I was able to get out sailing each time.
The upcoming weekend will be the bluenose race with the club. We will give it a start… that is all we can promise!