After having some problems with the previous anchor light, On Saturday I went up the mast to replace the light completely. It took a little while, but I was able to get it installed. In a couple of weeks, the steaming light will also be replaced (not quite as far up the mast then).
I did use my climbing belt and Mark’s mast ladder (which is great). Rick, on the docks, helped secure a safety line to back me up. I was able to run a daisy chain around the top so I could hang without fear of dropping. Needless to say, it is a little scary going up, but the back-up made it all the more comfortable.